November 9, 2011

Maybe next time

I told you to smile. You just shrugged and looked at me with the pained expression that I know all too well. We stood there, rocks in a stream, as the crowd of students passed around us. I wanted to hug you. To cross the two feet of empty space between us and for a short while keep you safe. One hug wouldn’t replace the vodka in your water bottle or cover the scars on your wrists, but for a short while it would make you forget the world. At least I hoped it would. I was nervous though, unsure if it would be alright with you. In the end I never got the chance. We stood there silently until you gave me a confused look, then melted into the crowd. I watched you fade away, hoping that it wasn’t my last chance to show you I cared.


Via - Ryan Avery

No comments:

Post a Comment